Thursday 16 February 2012

Brown Tones

Two cards that I have made I have using brown tones.

The first card is for the Clean and Simple Challenge #176 using this sketch.



IMG_2059

I decided to make a masculine card and that is why I went for the brown tones.

I gold embossed the envelope stamp and the old french writing on to brown card, and dry embossed the d'vine swirls and diamond plate onto copper card and cut them into squares.  I mounted them onto a fawn/cream card than I had punched the scalloped edge on and mounted this onto brown card.  I then mounted it onto white card that I had distress inked with walnut stain.  I gold embossed the Happy Birthday sentiment.

Supplies
HA Happy Birthday stamp
HA Envelope stamp
HA Old French writing stamp
Gold embossing powder
Ink: Distress ink - Walnut stain
Cuttlebug embossing folder - D'vine Swirls & Diamond Plate
Stampin' Up scalloped edge punch

My second card includes some pink as this is the colour palate for the Lily Pad Cards - CCC - Card Chain Challenge


CCC Butteflies

Supplies:
HA Envelope stamp
HA Happy Birthday stamp
Cuttlebug embossing folder - D'vine Swirls (on the pick butterfly)
Ink: Impress Chocolate ink
Cardstock: Brown, fawn, pink
Punch: Scalloped edge from Stampin'Up



A fairly CAS card. 



Thanks for dropping by and for your comments.


Angela

1 comment:

  1. Angela these are stunning cards - love the top one, and the bottom one is very effective too.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete